Embedded into Drop Scale is a type of programming commonly referred to as firmware. This firmware makes it possible for hardware (Drop Scale) to communicate with software (the Drop Recipes app).
Every time the Drop Recipes app is connected to Drop Scale, the app checks if there is a new firmware version available and automatically downloads it to the scale if there is.
All Drop Scales manufactured before September 2017 will need a firmware upgrade in order to work with Android.
To get your scale to upgrade its firmware and become Android ready, please follow these instructions:
- Open the Drop Recipes app on a compatible iOS device. (We understand that this might be inconvenient, so please contact us if you don’t have access to an iOS device and we’ll do our best to assist you.)
- Connect the scales to the Drop Recipes iOS app by tapping the scale’s front button (you should see a green connection bar indicating that there is an active connection).
- Leave the app open for 5 minutes without doing anything. It’s important that you have a solid internet connection.
- Now, using the left menu in the app, please go to the Settings screen.
- Next to Hardware, in the very top of the screen, the scale’s firmware version is displayed when it’s connected to the app.
- Check the firmware version. Does it say v522, v523, v266, or v267? Congrats, your device is Android ready! If it says any other version number, please close the app, reopen it, and then try the above steps again.
- Now, download the Android app and you are ready to go.
If none of this works, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com.
Scales manufactured after September 2017 will automatically have the updated and Android-ready firmware.